Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default Open WiFi network....

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote

I know a couple of people that have open wi-fi and think it is OK.
They don't care if anyone uses it gratis. Maybe this will change
their minds.

My son visited me a couple of years ago. I had a wifi, but did not have it
secured. He brought his laptop out, and said, "Let's go for a ride."

We toured the neighborhood until he found an unsecured wifi. Within a few
minutes, he was able to tell me more information about the computer owner
than one could imagine. Passwords, credit card numbers, scary ****! We
went right home and I secured mine. I haven't been unsecured since, and I
tell this story to anyone I find who has an unsecured wifi. My son now
works for the government, but he won't say what he does, and I never asked
the second time.

Steve