Posted to rec.woodworking
Keith nuttle Keith nuttle is offline

Default O/T: Amazing

On 6/29/2012 6:30 PM, Just Wondering wrote:
On 6/29/2012 2:51 PM, Larry W wrote:
In article ,
G. Ross wrote:
Lew Hodgett wrote:
Today's vote by the SCOTUS was amazing.

Now let the fun and games begin.

Lew

What was amazing at the start was the premise that you could furnish
health care for more people for less money. Never made sense, but
they said it with a straight face.

It likely _is_ possible, but it would require legislation with the
primary purpose of benefit to the people, rather than the health care
and insurance industries.

What it would require is an accurate analysis of what has triggered
exploding health care costs, figuring out where the money really goes,
and finding solutions to getting the costs under control.

Let start the cost analysis with the cost of government imposed
regulations. When I worked in a Pharmaceutical nearly a third of their
total staff was devoted to regulatory compliance.

That is just in on the manufacturing side. I have no experience with
the providers, but know they are also hit hard with government regulations.

Next let explorer the cost of law suits. The first thing some will do is
total the payouts in the current year and say that these cost are
insignificant. When considering these cost you have to consider the
preventive cost, adult resistant lids, label that say a fire is hot and
will burn you, and other nonsense. There are many expenses that a
company makes to avoid law suits.