Posted to rec.woodworking
Keith nuttle Keith nuttle is offline

Default O/T: Amazing

On 6/29/2012 3:59 PM, Han wrote:
Sometimes you can't get something for free. Very often there is a cost.
And while I'm all in favor of individual responsibility, I also think that
you have to play fair. Why should I get such favorable rates for health
insurance (because I work or worked for a company (university) that was
generous with benefits), while someone who is freelancing can't get
affordable insurance (certainly not if there could be a pre-existing
condition)? Is he/she really so much of a greater risk?

The difference is the company pays for your health insurance and the
independent does not have a company to pay part of his insurance.

To you this may seem unfair, but the company pays part of your insurance
to keep you on the job each day to get the most out of you.