Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Amazing

On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 16:00:25 -0400, Keith Nuttle wrote:

While there are problems with our health insurance system it is still
the best and most responsive in the world, bar none.

I do realize this is a waste of bandwidth, but here's one comparison:

"Direct comparisons of health statistics across nations are complex. The
Commonwealth Fund, in its annual survey, "Mirror, Mirror on the Wall",
compares the performance of the health systems in Australia, New Zealand,
the United Kingdom, Germany, Canada and the U.S. Its 2007 study found
that, although the U.S. system is the most expensive, it consistently
underperforms compared to the other countries.[33] A major difference
between the U.S. and the other countries in the study is that the U.S. is
the only country without universal health care. The OECD also collects
comparative statistics, and has published brief country profiles."

Another study a few years back by the World Health Organization, ranked
the US first in amount paid for health care, but 37th in quality. Right
behind Costa Rica and ahead of Slovenia.

Could you please reference reputable sources that support your claim of
"the best and most responsive in the world"?