Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default OT - power outages; where are they reported?

On 28/06/2012 12:29, Rod Speed wrote:

"Martin Brown" wrote in message

I usually do ring the power co

I don't normally bother unless I need some idea about how long it will
be off for.

That is usually a factor since like yesterday we were dropped off grid
at 18.15 just in time to prevent fully cooking dinner.

NEDL have replaced customer service with a voice recognition Dalek that
you have to shout your postcode at several times to get anywhere.

The recorded message was pretty bland in this case. Major electrical
storm serious disruption due to flooding lots of areas down over a wide
area and no idea when they will be back on again. We took a direct hit
possibly to the village hall as the highest point. There was literally a
flash and a bang simultaneously and then no electricity.

Power was still off last night when we gave up about 11pm and as you can
see is back on this morning. Full marks to their engineers!

--
Regards,
Martin Brown