Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Windows 8 trial

On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 21:27:44 +0100, Andy Champ wrote:

On 28/06/2012 14:03, Jim Hawkins wrote:
There does not seem to be any way back. Luckily I have laptops and
another PC with most of the things I need to keep on them.
But it has been interesting to see what Windows 8 is like - a kiddies
picture book is the best description I can think of. Presumably
Microsoft have decided to dumb down their OSs to match the trend in
western educational standards. I'll be staying with XP pro as long as
possible.

Windows 7 is pretty good. As MS seem to mess up every other OS I'm not
rushing into 8.

Yup, it's fine for me. I have a Windows 7 desktop just fro work stuff;
everything else (including news!) is FreeBSD.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org