Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default Don't invest in solar power

On Jun 28, 1:34*pm, Frank wrote:
On 6/28/2012 8:31 AM, CRNG wrote:

On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 04:26:55 -0500, wrote in
Re Don't invest in solar
power:

While solar power seems to be a form of free energy, after the initial
investment for equipment, dont do it!
The reason is that in less than one year, the Sun is going to burn out..
Without the sun, solar power will not work.

Not so. *While the sun is shining you can capture some of the solar
generated power and use it to power a light that you shine on the
solar power array. *That will keep generating electricity after the
sun dies. *You can do the same type of recapturing with wind turbines
connected to large fans.

It sounds like a perpetual motion machine, but that is the kind of
thing that appeals to greenie weenie sun/wind enthusiasts.

Facetious, obviously, but any homeowner knows that stuff wears out and
has to be replaced. *IMHO, estimated payback periods do not consider
this in their calculations.- Hide quoted text -

I have a solar array. The payback period is going to be around five
or six years.
This is a better return than leaving the money in the bank these days.
It is supposed to last 25 years minimum.

I expect people in the S of the USA could do much better than me too
financially as ther eismore sun.