Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Loctite stick advice please

On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 07:13:17 -0700, wrote:

I'm quoting a job that has a stainless 8-32 set screw bonded into a
brass part. The exposed threads of the screw and free threads in the
brass part cannot have any bonding agent on them. I'm thinking that
Loctite 268, a stick type threadlocker, might work except for the
small size of the screw. I don't know if the 268 can be applied
cleanly to such a small screw or even if it will get down into the
threads. Anybody know?

I've used it to lock what I remember to be 8-32 setscrews back when I
was an auto mechanic. I secured loose blower fans to the motor shafts.
I was using the red 271 threadlocker, the liquid form of 268, and I
never had a come-back after using it.

--
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to
succeed is more important than any one thing.