Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Windows 8 trial

dennis@home wrote:

"NT" wrote in message
On Jun 27, 10:15 pm, "Jim Hawkins" wrote:
I wasted over an hour downloading this trial on my
other PC.
I have decided I do not now want it, but it doesn't tell
me how to revert to the original XP !
Anyone know how ?

before you do, try linux mint. It makes windows look pointless.

Mint doesn't work very well on my touch screen tablet.
I don't think the multi touch screen or digitiser work well under any
linux system.

i guess that's why android - the most popular os for mobile devices -
is linux, then?

Android is an OS that uses the linux kernel the same as mint is an OS
that uses the linux kernel.
Android is *not* linux in the sense most people refer to mint, ubuntu etc.

define most people

Seen latest Ubuntu Unity yet?

OSX is unix based these days...

ONLY windows STILL hasn't ported their bloatware to a stable underlying
operating system.

and how hard it is to achieve it.