Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Windows 8 trial

dennis@home wrote:

"NT" wrote in message
On Jun 27, 10:15 pm, "Jim Hawkins" wrote:
I wasted over an hour downloading this trial on my
other PC.
I have decided I do not now want it, but it doesn't tell
me how to revert to the original XP !
Anyone know how ?

before you do, try linux mint. It makes windows look pointless.

Mint doesn't work very well on my touch screen tablet.
I don't think the multi touch screen or digitiser work well under any
linux system.

i guess that's why android - the most popular os for mobile devices - is
linux, then?

Android is an OS that uses the linux kernel the same as mint is an OS that
uses the linux kernel.
Android is *not* linux in the sense most people refer to mint, ubuntu etc.