Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
PrecisionmachinisT PrecisionmachinisT is offline

Default Are electric cars more energy efficient?

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
in.local...
In article ,
says...

"Tim Wescott" wrote in message
On Mon, 25 Jun 2012 21:51:38 -0700, PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

"Tim Wescott" wrote in message

While I haven't seen power budgets, if an electric car manages to
take
80% of the energy that came in on the charging plug and turns it into
forward motion, I'd be surprised.

http://avt.inel.gov/pdf/fsev/costs.pdf

Boy, for someone who abjures people to read, it's sure interesting that
you went and responded to a statement about the energy efficiency of a
system with a document that says nothing about the energy efficiency of
the system in question.

Unless I missed it, in which case you can correct me by pointing out
where that document says how many Joules* you get out of the car for
every 1kJ that you put in?

* People who know what the word "energy" means knows that it's measured
in Joules, in case your reading ability only extends to understanding
documents written by bureaucrats for "consumers"**

If you want to compare Joules, be my guest--pretty sure everything you
would need in order to be able do that is supplied in the above paper.

If you think that stick to the precision machining and leave the
engineering to the engineers.

Nope, all that is needed is there...