Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Radon in ranch style house - NE Ohio

On Jun 26, 6:46*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Believe the guy who has no financial interest in your radon level.

And, do some internet research.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

"Bryce" wrote in message

Just got our buyer's inspection report, which shows 7.1 pC/l
average radon level during 48-hour test. The house is a
ranch, built on a slab (no crawl space, no basement).
Remediation contractor will test for radon after installing
his stuff. He's willing to test before at extra cost, but
cautioned us that if his results are substantially different
than those of the inspector, we just get into a stand-off as
to whose test is right.

Anybody heard of high radon in a ranch?

Tell us how the original test was performed, there are as many ways to
do them wrong as there are to do them right.

Are there ANY penetrations into the slab, like for water or heating/
cooling pipes or hot/cold air heating ducts, anything at all???