Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hlschreier@gmail.com is offline

Default honeywell chronotherm iv - how to run fan 24/7?

On Thursday, June 21, 2012 5:53:20 PM UTC-4, Dave M. wrote:
There are a number of Chronotherm IV models. Here's the manual for one.
http://homeappliance.manualsonline.c...idRes=15115418
Read the "installer setup" part of the manual.
Find your manual and look for something similar.

Dave M.

Thanks for pointing me to the installer manual. My contractor did not pass that along, so all I have in hard copy is an end-user manual.

However, the installer setup table did not have a setting pertinent to my need.

Meanwhile, I think I've figured it out. Originally, I set the temperature hold, then later, as an afterthought, went back and toggled the fan from Auto to On. My intuition was that the fan-on state would inherit the duration of the temperature. Apparently not so. I think it is necessary to toggle the fan as part of the hold entry.