Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Are electric cars more energy efficient?

On Tue, 26 Jun 2012 12:36:20 -0700, PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
in.local...
In article ,
says...

"Tim Wescott" wrote in message

While I haven't seen power budgets, if an electric car manages to
take 80% of the energy that came in on the charging plug and turns
it into forward motion, I'd be surprised.

http://avt.inel.gov/pdf/fsev/costs.pdf

That's dollar cost and has little to do with the actual energy
consumed.

Pretty sure Iggy was primarily looking at the situation from an economic
standpoint, specifically, the out-of pocket cost per mile traveled.

And besides, you failed to come up with anything that would quantify a
diference in the total amount of energy that's actually consumed one way
or the other.

Correction -- _you_ failed to come up with a figure. The best you could
come up with was a multicolor graphic from a bureaucrat written for
people who don't understand what energy really is.

http://www.wescottdesign.com