Posted to uk.d-i-y
cj cj is offline

Default Accenta 8 alarm help

Hi
It depends on the model run of the accenta8 you have but contrary to posts
so far ADE default user code is 0123 not 1234
All models lock up with mains spike caused by flat backup battery as the psu
can't cope with the added current.
Depending on run power down mains & battery power up mains only and within 5
secs press reset twice panel should bleep twice and default;or power up
battery only and panel will reset to default on earlier models.IIR the
accenta 8+ would only house a 2.3ah battery whilst the metal boxed remote
keypad version would accept up to a 7ah.
If you post type ( remote keypad,metal box,plastic box with keypad.) I
should be able to dig out the manual for you.
HTH
CJ

"eastender" wrote in message

We had a short power cut today and the when the power came back up the
alarm went off and could not be controlled, so I've taken out the fuse.

I understand that the fault lies with the back-up battery failing in the
main Accenta unit - the system was installed in 1999 and the battery has
not been serviced. It's quite a large lead-acid battery * I see they are
on ebay for about £8.

I'll get another of the batteries - but the question is when I install
and restore power is the code lost * and if so what's the procedure for
getting it back to normal? Trying to figure it out with the alarm going
is not easy...

E.