Posted to uk.d-i-y
SteveW[_2_] SteveW[_2_] is offline

Default Fatally Flawed

On 25/06/2012 18:05, ARWadsworth wrote:
Owain wrote:
On Jun 24, 8:30 pm, John Rumm wrote:
It strikes me that strong promotion of RCD protection for all
accessible sockets in houses with kids would also not go amiss.

Provided they're separate from lighting circuits.

Otherwise we'll have more people falling down stairs in the dark.

I can't ever remember falling down the stairs due to lack of light.

Maybe a little different if the lights suddenly go out as you hear a
scream and a thump - it'd be very different running down the stairs in
the sudden darkness at top speed, before your eyes have acclimatised.
However, you'd probably still get down fine, but then be looking for
your wife/partner/children, possibly in pitch blackness, with no idea
what's gone on, their condition or where they and furniture/equipment
may have been thrown of knocked.

SteveW