Posted to alt.home.repair
metspitzer metspitzer is offline

Default What would be the best way to find out the value of a slate pool table?

On Mon, 25 Jun 2012 07:37:43 -0700, Bill
wrote:

In article ,
says...

My father bought us a standard 8' pool table when we were kids. The
legs of the table became unsteady so it has been leaning on a wall in
the basement for around 20 years. It was a pretty expensive table and
I think it came from Sears. It is so heavy that I don't even trust
trying to lean it out to check the top to see what the condition of
the felt or the rails are. I think it is a pretty safe bet that they
are not in good condition. So really the total value of the table
would be the slate and maybe the frame.

What is it worth?

Most common are 7 ft. bar tables and 9 ft. pool hall tables. The very
good players prefer to buy a table for home which is the same size as
what they would play tournaments on (7/9 ft.).

Most likely I am just wrong about the length. It is regulation size.
That may be 7 ft then. I know it is not 9 ft.

So that would leave inexperienced players who would purchase such a
table. Some of these want a "fancy room decoration" and might rarely
play on it. If it is not in good looking condition, nothing fancy, and
no "name" on it, then that rules out those buyers.

So you are looking at maybe getting $50 to $200 I would guess.

Thanks