Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adam Funk[_3_] Adam Funk[_3_] is offline

Default Fatally Flawed

On 2012-06-25, ARWadsworth wrote:

Considering the incompetent DIY I have seen today [1] I really can say that
socket covers are the least of my worries.

[1] All the DIY extended circuits had the brown and blue cables connected up
the wrong way to the red and black cables. There was no earth on 1/3 of the
house sockets due to bad connections. 5 amp strip connector was used to
extend the ring etc

The best bit was that when it rains the RCD trips. That was because some of
the water in the roof valley ran down the steel conduit into a socket:-) And
who the hell screws down tiles?

I'm surprised that someone who would goof other things up like that
would even bother with steel conduit, which is a bit more trouble to
work with. I guess the conduit was put in by someone else & screwed
up later?