Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alan[_10_] Alan[_10_] is offline

Default Accenta 8 alarm help

In message ,
eastender wrote
We had a short power cut today and the when the power came back up the
alarm went off and could not be controlled, so I've taken out the fuse.

I understand that the fault lies with the back-up battery failing in the
main Accenta unit - the system was installed in 1999 and the battery has
not been serviced. It's quite a large lead-acid battery * I see they are
on ebay for about £8.

I'll get another of the batteries - but the question is when I install
and restore power is the code lost * and if so what's the procedure for
getting it back to normal? Trying to figure it out with the alarm going
is not easy...

Your diagnosis of the problem is probably correct.

When I replaced the battery in mine I also removed the mains power at
the same time. On applying the power the alarm was completely reset
along with a two tone beeping from the control unit, but no external
alarm. Entering the engineering code stopped the beeping and allowed a
set-up sequence.

You will need the instructions for your alarm to set it up. My original
instructions were a translation from Chinese by someone who spoke no
English I deciphered them when I first installed the alarm and
condensed around a dozen A4 sheets down to a single page.

--
Alan