Posted to uk.d-i-y
SteveW[_2_] SteveW[_2_] is offline

Default Accenta 8 alarm help

On 25/06/2012 19:08, eastender wrote:
We had a short power cut today and the when the power came back up the
alarm went off and could not be controlled, so I've taken out the fuse.

I understand that the fault lies with the back-up battery failing in the
main Accenta unit - the system was installed in 1999 and the battery has
not been serviced. It's quite a large lead-acid battery * I see they are
on ebay for about £8.

I'll get another of the batteries - but the question is when I install
and restore power is the code lost * and if so what's the procedure for
getting it back to normal? Trying to figure it out with the alarm going
is not easy...

E.

I'm pretty sure that the code should not be lost.

If however it has, it may have reverted to factory settings (most likely
1234 or 9999).

On the downside, when we had a power failure (actually the supplier
changing the main-fuse and holder) and the alarm battery had failed; the
alarm somehow got fried and never worked again.

SteveW