Posted to uk.d-i-y
eastender[_4_] eastender[_4_] is offline

Default Accenta 8 alarm help

We had a short power cut today and the when the power came back up the
alarm went off and could not be controlled, so I've taken out the fuse.

I understand that the fault lies with the back-up battery failing in the
main Accenta unit - the system was installed in 1999 and the battery has
not been serviced. It's quite a large lead-acid battery * I see they are
on ebay for about £8.

I'll get another of the batteries - but the question is when I install
and restore power is the code lost * and if so what's the procedure for
getting it back to normal? Trying to figure it out with the alarm going
is not easy...

E.