Posted to alt.home.repair

Default UPDATE.

On Jun 24, 6:38*pm, "Meanie" wrote:
I thank you all for your suggestions. I followed all advice and checked
EVERYTHING which was suggested.

Rollers, hinges and other misc moving parts on the door itself are well
lubricated and appear to be in good working order.

Gears, chain, chain sprocket, guide rail, etc. on the opener are also in
good working order, well lubricated.

Two things I did.

1. The "up force" setting has a range in low, medium and high. It was on the
low range about 3/4. I set it to about 3/4 on medium.
2. The up travel limit switch was set far to high. I reset it about an inch
before it hits the end. This eliminated the bouncing/shake effect when fully
opened.

Results: the door is traveling fine thus far. Perhaps it was the force
setting, which I didn't even think about until it was suggested here.
Therefore, that could have been the problem.

Overall, I rechecked the door balance and the bottom of the door at waist
high (two panels vertical and two panels on the curve to horizontal), it
remained in place. At about knee high (three panels vertical and one panel
horizontal), it dropped slowly, but I could get it to stay and pulling
completely open when the last panel is vertical and three are horixontal, it
pulled all the way up.

I try to keep the door well maintained every year and sometimes it still
puzzles me and sometimes I overlook the obvious. Your suggestion help me in
both manners.

Thank you all again. I'll see how it performs from here.

It should be good thru the summer, next winter at zero temps will be
the next testg.