Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] recyclebinned@gmail.com is offline

Default In the old days

On Sunday, June 24, 2012 6:26:06 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Sun, 24 Jun 2012 17:18:44 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Sunday, June 24, 2012 4:46:39 PM UTC-7, Meanie wrote:
wrote in message
In the old days people would periodically lubricate the gears on their tools
and appliances to keep them in good working order. In our so called
modernity people have become too lazy and stupid to go around lubricating;
so manufacturers have replaced hardened metal gears with plastic ones so
that people don t have to lubricate them. In fact in most modern tools and
appliances, the way they are designed, you can barely access the gears let
alone lubricate them. The downside is that plastic breaks a lot easier than
hardened steel. Welcome to the throw away garbage life style. Here s a
thought: How many bottles and cans etc. do you have to recycle to make-up
for all the damage that a throw-away appliance or tools is responsible for?

There's also a plan called "Obsoletion" which manufacturers have in place to
limit the life of their products for several reasons, but the main reason is
to provide jobs.

Jobs in China.

I find that the people who bitch the most about jobs going to China buy less
US content than those who don't. What do you drive? What appliances? Tools?

GMC, SPEED QUEEN, HILTI

No, I don't know if the parts for them are made in China but at least it's better than buying a Rockwell 3RILL.