Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Garage door issue

On Jun 24, 9:43*am, "Meanie" wrote:
Earlier this year (winter), one side of the torsion springs broke on my
garage door. My wife works for a contractor and had one of their garage
contractor replace the springs. A week or so went past before I realized
when the opener would open the door, as it approached the full open
position, the door would shake the mount, opener, etc. as if it had much
force behind it. I decided to check the balance of the doors and set the
tensions of the springs. Everything appears to be balanced and intact, but
was still landing hard at that same spot. Just last week, the door began to
stop midway while opening. When I first noticed it, it would stop about a
foot before fully opened. Then it stopped about midway a few times and now,
it stops after opening about a foot from the ground. If I release the door,
the opener will complete the cycle, but when I reattach the door, the
problem occurs. Therefore, my guess is the door is the cause which could be
binding up, too heavy, etc.. But lifting the door manually doesn't appear to
hang up anywhere and as I stated above, it's balanced. Therefore, I'm
dumbfounded to the cause.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thank you

As suggested by trader4, have you tried to increase the UP force to
see what happens?

An UP force set right at the minimum could cause the door to stop at
different spots depending on temperature, humidity, etc.