Posted to alt.home.repair
mike mike is offline

Default What would be the best way to find out the value of a slate pooltable?

On 6/24/2012 3:12 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
My father bought us a standard 8' pool table when we were kids. The
legs of the table became unsteady so it has been leaning on a wall in
the basement for around 20 years. It was a pretty expensive table and
I think it came from Sears. It is so heavy that I don't even trust
trying to lean it out to check the top to see what the condition of
the felt or the rails are. I think it is a pretty safe bet that they
are not in good condition. So really the total value of the table
would be the slate and maybe the frame.

What is it worth?

Call up someone who does estate sales.