Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Calling All Inventors. Fridge as dehumidifier.

On 24 Jun 2012 23:36:11 GMT, Winston wrote:

On Sun, 24 Jun 2012 14:23:30 -0700, Larry Jaques wrote:

On 24 Jun 2012 20:42:20 GMT, Winston wrote:

(...)

Yup. That flue does get pretty hot.

Probably couldn't hurt to replace it with an insulated flue.

Mine's plastic. The HVAC unit is a Carrier Infinity and is 96%
efficient. The output feels like it's maybe 120F.

Haven't measured mine but I swear you could cook eggs on it.

The older furnaces were only capable of sucking 80% of the energy out
of the heat stream. Time for a new box, Winnie.

I have a 1,500sf house in So. OR with 4" of insulation in the attic,
none in the walls, and 12" in the floor (I had it installed 2 years
ago when the vapor barrier and borates were squirted on.) My gas bill
is $58/mo yearround (comfort level billing) at 69F. I'll install new
attic insulation when I get an extra grand I don't need.

--
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to
succeed is more important than any one thing.