Posted to sci.electronics.repair
spamtrap1888 spamtrap1888 is offline

Default Question for the Leftpondians - completely OT ... :-)

On Jun 24, 10:15*am, "Arfa Daily" wrote:
OK. So I was watching an episode of the U.S. documentary series "Undercover
Stings" a couple of nights ago, and the camera focused briefly on a post by
the side of the road. It had two square signs on it. The upper green one
said "Starke City Limit" which I understood, but the one below it - *white
background, black lettering, black line all around the edge, said "Engine
Braking Prohibited". What does this mean ? I understand what engine braking
is - here in the UK at least - but does it mean something different your
side of the pond, and why would it be prohibited anywhere ?

http://www.jacobsvehiclesystems.com/...elease-brakes/

Hearing the jake brake's rowr rowr rowr (or blaaa aa aa aa aa) as big
trucks go downhill will keep you from sleeping.

Jacobs also makes exhaust brakes.