Posted to sci.electronics.repair
tm tm is offline

Default Question for the Leftpondians - completely OT ... :-)

Google "jake brake"

Tom

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message
OK. So I was watching an episode of the U.S. documentary series
"Undercover Stings" a couple of nights ago, and the camera focused briefly
on a post by the side of the road. It had two square signs on it. The
upper green one said "Starke City Limit" which I understood, but the one
below it - white background, black lettering, black line all around the
edge, said "Engine Braking Prohibited". What does this mean ? I understand
what engine braking is - here in the UK at least - but does it mean
something different your side of the pond, and why would it be prohibited
anywhere ?

Arfa