Posted to rec.woodworking
HerHusband HerHusband is offline

Default Cutting to "dead nuts" on plywood

MJ,

I can rip easily enough with my TS, but cross cutting will be
a challenge and not possible with my TS (not enough real estate
on the saw for the cut). I was thinking of cross cutting with
a circ saw to a length slightly larger than what I needed,
then come back and use a router with a compression bit to
get it "dead on".

If your final piece is small enough to fit on your table saw, rough cutting
with the circular saw and final cutting on the table saw works well.

Otherwise, I got by for years using a "saw board" with my standard circular
saw. The cuts were accurate, but even with a good plywood blade I got
considerable tear out.

I haven't tried it, but you could probably cross cut close to the final
dimension with your circular saw, then use a straight edge and a router
with pattern bit to clean it up.

Last year I invested in a Makita SP6000K track saw:

http://www.amazon.com/Makita-SP6000K...UYTKG6/ref=sr_
1_2

The difference from my old circ saw and saw board is amazing. Soft start,
quieter motor, perfectly accurate cuts, and no tear out at all. I still
find it easier to rip sheets on the table saw, but I prefer to use the
track saw for cross cuts.

Anthony