Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Spray paint or brush?

On Jun 23, 2:32*pm, Kuskokwim wrote:
On Sat, 23 Jun 2012 13:19:16 -0400, wrote:
*If they are using something like a Graco airless to get the paint on
the wall it will go on unthinned - and brushing will (or should) make
a job indistinguishable from a normal brushed job, but with less work,
mess, and fuss - no dipping the brush, carrying the pail, etc.

The above is the correct answer.

(You might even end up with more paint per square foot if are they using a
commercial sprayer.)

Except that a wall is not apparently involved. It's
trim on a brick house. I've seen rollers following sprayers
for wall work inside unfinished houses. That's because the rollers
leave a nicer finish, while the sprayer gets it down faster. Also
being unfinished, no taping for the sprayer. And a roller following
a sprayer is matched in speed over a wall.

But given that it's trim work, the whole sprayer thing followed
by brushing sounds rather dubious to me.....