Posted to sci.electronics.repair
spamtrap1888 spamtrap1888 is offline

Default Transistor Identity ?

On Jun 22, 5:45*pm, "Arfa Daily" wrote:
"spamtrap1888" wrote in message

On Jun 21, 5:48 pm, "Arfa Daily" wrote:
Anyone come across a transistor "D 8050" ? *The logo is just a small
star.
That is followed by a "D", then below that "8050". My first thought was
2S -
D8050, but that turns up no data, except the usual component search
engine
dead ends and non-existent data sheets. It's a standard TO92 *D-line
plastic
package, and the board has its pins marked as E-B-C.

I've never seen such a logo and it's driving me crazy. Can you put it
on tinypic?

I keep thinking it must indicate the transistor is kosher (Dairy):

http://www.jewishceliacs.com/jcn%20graphics/Star-d.gif

In case it helps, its in the SMPS of a Wharfedale monitor speaker.

How old is this? Current production, ten years old, twenty, more?

Can't say that I'd ever seen it before, either, and I've been in this game a
long time. As to the item in question, I believe that it is at least recent
if not current. I seem to think that the shop owner that sent it to me for
repair, said that the owner had not had it all that long.

You should be able to see a picture of the transistor here

http://i48.tinypic.com/27wzj85.jpg

if I've got the address linking right.

Thank you. The star almost looks like it has a little "i" in its
middle. And the two bottom points might be legs.

I think the D is placed where it is to make it clear it's not part of
the logo, i.e. as far away as possible. (Could it somehow be a date
code?) The absence of data books is quite annoying -- who would have
thought that the Internet would omit this transistor logo from its
collection of dull factoids.