Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mike mike is offline

Default Atomic CLock with pure 120v ac?

On 6/22/2012 10:10 AM, wrote:
Why do all the atomic clocks require batteries?

Makes no sence that I woul dbuy aclock to not have to reset
the time just so I can play with the batteries instead.

Anyone know of a simple analog atomic (naval time by radio) wall clock that
uses only 120v ac

Demand for this product is low. Most people prefer freedom of placement
over annual battery replacement.
Clocks that project time on the ceiling usually have AC adapters to support
the power demand. Mine were distributed by LaCrosse and Oregon
Scientific. No idea of current catalog.
and no adaptor?
That's a problem on several fronts. Anything that plugs in the wall
has an additional mountain of testing/certification, paperwork and
development
costs involved. If you purchase an approved/listed wall wart,
all of those problems go away.
Most vendors take that route.

(Online specs?) Much obliged.

- = -