Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus4461 Ignoramus4461 is offline

Default Maxair compressors

On 2012-06-22, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:
On 6/22/2012 11:23 AM, Spehro Pefhany wrote:
On Thu, 21 Jun 2012 23:04:57 -0700 (PDT), Stanley Schaefer
wrote:

On Jun 21, 1:20 pm, Spehro Pefhany
wrote:
Looking at this compressor for fairly light usage:

http://www.eaglecompressor.com/air_c...p?recordID=282

but I can't find any reviews. Sold by Home Depot (US), TSC in Canada,
etc.

Any info on reliability? Lots of people seem to have problems with
low-end compressors. I don't want to spend the extra $$ for IR, Quincy
or even (gulp) RK (nice stuff). I figure on getting a single stage and
an air amplifier for when I occasionally need 200psi.

So where's the pump made, is it all iron, sleeved alloy or just plated
aluminum? Where was the motor made? Never heard of the brand, so
probably just another vendor of the same chink stuff everyone else
sells. How good is your local retailer with returns and parts?
Support is what you're looking for in this case. It's a little big to
be looked at as a disposable unit. TSC has been fairly good with
support on the stuff they sell, HD, "support, what's that?".

Stan

I'll let y'all know when I pick it up on Sunday.

You coulda' had a nice 5hp Kellog on a Dayton 30 gal tank with a slight
crack! Damn!

I could buy your Kellogg for $60 if I was local.