Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default plug in timer

"Doug" wrote:

On Fri, 22 Jun 2012 12:27:36 -0400, Jim Elbrecht
wrote:

-snip-

You do realize that the timers that Oren and I posted have on off
switches and can be spun to the current time with a flick of the
wrist, right?

Jim

Yes Jim. I have something similar (identical ??) but it needs input
as to when to go on and how much. I think it's better suited for
lamps when usually you know when you want the lamp to go on and how
long it should stay on. Once you program it, it essentially is a
constant unless you change it. The difference with my coffee pot is
I don't know when I want it to start it each day or thru out the day
but I do know how long it should stay on for each use.

We use our coffee pots differently-- Mine goes on at 6:15 & off at 11
unless I tell it not to.g Back in the day when alarms mattered to
me, if the alarm failed, the smell of fresh coffee woke me up.

That said, your timer whether right or wrong for my purpose, deserves
a thank you from me to you and Oren (among others too). I know
everyone is just trying to help me. I appreciate the help, thank you
all !!

You're Welcome--
I was just thinking that for 1/2 the price, and twice the versatility,
it would do what you wanted, and more.

Jim