Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default plug in timer

On Fri, 22 Jun 2012 13:19:17 -0400, John McGaw
wrote:

On 6/22/2012 12:27 PM, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
"Doug" wrote:

-snip-

Not quite so simple as the first one I proposed nor as cheap but this might do:

http://www.amazon.com/Simple-Touch-C.../dp/B002KKCVYQ

Yep that's basically what I have in mind tho it may not be convenient
to operate but you understood me perfectly. Appreciate your replies
and thank you !!!!!

You do realize that the timers that Oren and I posted have on off
switches and can be spun to the current time with a flick of the
wrist, right?

Jim

The idea is not to turn anything on or off at a particular time but to turn
something off x hours from _now_ ,whenever now might be, with as little
fuss as possible. In other words "press the button and use the appliance
with the assurance that in two hours it will turn off in case I forget to".

Ah ha, I now see the difference. Turn the appliance on at will, timed
and then it shuts off.

Not the same as a lamp timer on a 24 hour cycle; on a X and off at X
times.

Learn something every day :-\