Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joseph Gwinn Joseph Gwinn is offline

Default Crown Stoves - Repair Parts

In article
,
"Denis G." wrote:

On Jun 21, 7:50*pm, Joseph Gwinn wrote:
I have a big old 6-burner Crown (model H3005702 845-242KG0E-10) natural
gas stove that my wife just loves, but is in need of some repair.
Specifically, the spark igniters are not firing on all pistons, but the
burners work just fine if lit with a match.

Crown has been out of business for decades now.

Does anyone know where to buy parts, or retro-fit parts? *For instance,
I bet the same spark igniters were used on numerous makes and models of
stove, so there is likely something that will fit.

Thanks,

Joe Gwinn

"Not firing on all pistons" reminds me of when I would run my car
engine in the dark to look for sparks jumping from the ignition
wires. Have you looked for high voltage "leaking" with the top off?

I have, but by listening. This works better with a stove than an
engine. I suppose there is no harm in doing both at the same time on
the stove.

Elso, maybe you can contact these guys for help:
http://www.theignitorstore.com/catalog/norton_igniters/

Thanks - I'll check them out.

Joe Gwinn