Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Todesco Art Todesco is offline

Default plug in timer

On 6/22/2012 8:49 AM, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 22 Jun 2012 06:27:36 -0500, "Doug"
wrote:

I have a cheaper coffee pot maker (inherited and makes good coffee)
that I like but it doesn't have a built in timer like my old one. I
want to buy a timer that works like the built in kind that is always
set say to 2 hours and each time I plug in the coffee pot, it counts
down from 2 hours or whatever I have it last set at. I don't want to
have to reset it each time I use the coffee pot. Does something like
this exist as a plug in? I looked so far on line and in one or two
stores without luck.

Search for a 24 hour lamp (vacation) timer. I use them on lamps or a
radio while on vacation.

Actually, I don't think I've ever seen anything on the market like that.
Way back in the 80s I designed and built such a unit for the office
coffee pot. But, this one was for 10 hours, so that the 1st person in
the morning, hit the button, which turned on power for 10 hours.
Subsequent button pushed did nothing. After the 10 hours, the pot shut
off. Other departments wanted one, but had to build it themselves. It
would be easy to change it to 2 hours or anything in between. I don't
know where the schematic is now, however, if you are interested in a
build-it-yourself unit, I'll look. It does require some electronic
skills to build it.