Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default The creek is drowning you guys--Bill's project update

On 6/22/2012 7:06 AM, Han wrote:
Swingman wrote in
:

On 6/22/2012 6:21 AM, Dave wrote:
On Fri, 22 Jun 2012 06:01:56 -0500, Swingman wrote:

I don't like pegboard, but the concept works too well to disregard.
I switched to the metal "Alligatorboard" instead, which solves some
of the problems with regular pegboard:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZHX9g11MqQ

Admit it. You like the Alligatorboard just because of the Alligator
attack at the beginning of their ad.

Close ... I just like being thoroughly aggravated by the "music" and
testing my reactions before breakfast at how long it takes to hit the
mute button.

Actually, bought the product way before I found (this morning) the
video (the younger generation seems to prefer being entertained by
things that whiz, bang and move ... have to make up for lack of
reading comprehension somehow).

+1

Funny that the where to buy locations are (for me) out of the way
hardware stores, but Amazon has has a supplier too ...

I bought my most recent alligator board locally at Northern Tool. Might
want to call the manufacturer, because when I first bought the product
the places that were supposed to carry it locally didn't keep it in
stock and would only order it for you. I called alligatorboard and they
assured me that NT generally kept it in stock at all stores, although
they weren't listed as such at the time ... sure enough, they had plenty
in all sizes on the show room floor.

Do find myself shopping Amazon more and more for shop stuff ... you just
have to anticipate need a few days in advance, although things seem to
actually beat the original delivery date specified. Had to unclog an AC
drain with my little corded/cordless DeWalt 2 gal shop vac the other day
and toasted the filter ... apparently the only place you can buy a
replacement filter for these things is online. One-click Amazon came
through in short order.

About the only time I deviate is when the shipping through the third
party takes longer. In that case can usually get it quicker going to the
horse's mouth.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010