Posted to sci.electronics.repair
spamtrap1888 spamtrap1888 is offline

Default Transistor Identity ?

On Jun 21, 5:48*pm, "Arfa Daily" wrote:
Anyone come across a transistor "D 8050" ? *The logo is just a small star.
That is followed by a "D", then below that "8050". My first thought was 2S -
D8050, but that turns up no data, except the usual component search engine
dead ends and non-existent data sheets. It's a standard TO92 *D-line plastic
package, and the board has its pins marked as E-B-C.

I've never seen such a logo and it's driving me crazy. Can you put it
on tinypic?

I keep thinking it must indicate the transistor is kosher (Dairy):

http://www.jewishceliacs.com/jcn%20graphics/Star-d.gif

In case it helps, its in the SMPS of a Wharfedale monitor speaker.

How old is this? Current production, ten years old, twenty, more?