Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels[_3_] Lee Michaels[_3_] is offline

Default Bill's project update

"Puckdropper" puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote

Have a look at slatwall. While it's more expensive than pegboard, hooks
are good quality and cheap. I got a box of 96 for around $36, good
quality hooks that'll hold quite a bit of weight.

Slat wall is often available from businesses who no longer need it or are
going out of business. I have seen it come up on Craig's List several times
a year. Look under For Sale - Business. I have installed slat wall before.
There is a huge number of acrylic types of shelves available for them. New
very expensive. Used, quite reasonable.

Interesting enough, the used stuff is often the most expensive varieties.
I seen a bunch of it recently that was mirror faced slat wall. Can you see
your planes displayed on acrylic shelves against a mirror background?
Totally prohibitive if bought new. But picking it up used, it could work.