Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Crown Stoves - Repair Parts

Joseph Gwinn wrote:
I have a big old 6-burner Crown (model H3005702 845-242KG0E-10) natural
gas stove that my wife just loves, but is in need of some repair.
Specifically, the spark igniters are not firing on all pistons, but the
burners work just fine if lit with a match.

Crown has been out of business for decades now.

Does anyone know where to buy parts, or retro-fit parts? For instance,
I bet the same spark igniters were used on numerous makes and models of
stove, so there is likely something that will fit.

Thanks,

Joe Gwinn

Most of the Crown line was hand assembled. What was left of the company
was bought by Roper who then sold the range parts to GE.

Is the problem the igniters themselves the switches or the spark unit?
If you have say two burners that don't light while the others work fine
then it's probably a wiring problem to them. I don't think I have ever
seen the igniter tips fail unless they are physically damaged.
They are usually very simple spark gaps.

If the problem is that none of the burners work then it may be the spark
unit itself. That could be more difficult to deal with because you will
need to figure out how the switching works. Most use a simple switch in
each control that are parallel wired to the spark generator. Others used
individual switches that connect to a common buss. Either way you would
find the point where they connect up and wire in a different spark
generator. You should be able to use a newer unit depending on the problem.

http://www.pcappliancerepair.com
http://www.partselect.com/

--
Steve W.