Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default Stapling question

I have a DeWalt air powered stapler. Not a very big one, I'd have to go out
in the shop and get the number, but I would estimate the staples to be about
1/4" wide, maybe a little less if they are rated on a ga. system. They are
crown.

Can I use flat staples in it? Those that have a top made of right angles?
I need to staple some fabric to the plywood of a boat seat, and want it to
be flat without having to pound them in, and perhaps have them tear more of
a hole in the fabric than they already do. I do have a couple of Arrow
staplers if I need to go to those, and they have the right angle staples,
but air is so much easier.

Can I get the other shape of staples in the same size, and will they work in
it? Do they make the two shapes?

Steve