Default Semi OT Electrical Question

Pop Rivet wrote:
You are allowed to install a GFCI outlet with no ground connection to
provide a 3 prong outlet when no ground is available. This is safe
because the GFCI will trip if there is any fault current flowing to an
external ground (like between your hair dryer and the sink faucet via
your arms!).

May I ask your source of that information? I would like to verify it. It's

Check the NEC. Yes, this is the recommended way to provide
a 3-prong outlet on a non-grounded circuit. Note: it is
*supposed* to be marked so that you can tell it is not
providing a ground. The idea is, at least you won't
eletrocute yourself or somebody this way.

If it were my old house, I'd rewire it. Yes it's a pain,
but worth it in the long run.

Bill Ranck
Blacksburg, Va.