Posted to alt.home.repair
Mr. Frugal Mr. Frugal is offline

Default HELP!! Anyone know how to calibrate an electric oven?

Before I go any further, I want to thank any and all
who have the answer. Also, I did look through about
2000 headers/subjects and didn't see this question
addressed.

I have a 10 year old Jenn-Air (which is a Maytag under
the hood).

Model # is - SVE47500W (electric)

I need to know how to calibrate the stupid oven which
is about FIFTY degrees off - to the cool side.

I've still got the Owner's Manual
I've been to Jenn-Air and Maytag sites
I've even got the wiring diagram.

NOWHERE is calibration mentioned!!!!

***HELP***

It turns expensive Rib-Eyes into pot roasts.
It turns cookies into mini-frisbees.
It turns me livid when I try to factor the settings
to where it should be - but my temp gauges ALL tell
me that I'm not good at "accounting for" temps.

TIA!