Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Paul Schiller Paul Schiller is offline

Default Crack in air tank

On Jun 20, 7:28*am, Ecnerwal
wrote:
In article ,
Me at least 3 for keeping it outside to
minimize noise and the extent of bad things that can happen (borrow from
boiler houses and design your shed with strong walls and a weak roof if
you want to be even more cautious about tank explosions.)

Hey all,

Air compressor tanks exploding???

Is that a real problem???

In my limited experience, when compressor tanks go bad, it has been
with a "hiss" rather than a "bang".

I'm all for keeping them in a shed outside for the noise, etc.
though.
Wish I could here, but my neighbors would be awfully ****ed I'm sure.

Steam Boiler's are a whole different thing. Of course they can blow up
with great force.

Curious if you all have horror stories of "exploding" air compressor
tanks?

Should I be a lot more worried about sitting next to a 60-gallon,
vertical, 2-stage pump/tank that's at about 165 PSI right now?

--

T'Care
PaulS