Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default UnBattery Powered Impact Wrench?

In article , says...

On 6/20/2012 7:30 PM, David Lesher wrote:
I've wondered about a SCUBA tank, a regulator, and the usual
impact tools. But I've only wondered...not done any math so far.

a) What's it cost to refill such a tank?

b) What kind of potential energy does such a tank have? {i.e. volume,
pressure?}

c) Leading to: how long can you bang away on a bolt with a 0.5"
impact wrench? Run a air saw?

3,000 psi air into an impact wrench will cause one heck of an impact.

3000 psi air into your lungs wouldn't do much good either.

Way back in 1681 something called a "pressure regulator" was invented.
You might want to google that term.