Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default LED spec for phone line?

On Jun 20, 2:30*pm, wrote:
Ok, I set up a 2p2t switch that turns off my in-home lines and instead goes to an
RJ11 jack. The telco says I should test this to see if the problem is mine or
theirs. SO far this is SOP.

So then me thinks, why should I have to scramble for a tel set to make a
test? *Why not just put an LED *there? So I need a 2700 ohn resistor in
series with the LED. I can still plug in the tel set, but the LED will tell
me immediately what is going on as soon as I swich from whole-house to
test-circuit.

*Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist
* * * * * * * * * *http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm
* ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. *Everything fully disclaimed..}---
* *[Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards]
*[Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows for subprime Bimbos]

It depends on what your problem is, you haven''t said if it is a noisy
line, no service at all, or WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM you're trying to
fix. If you told us, you might get a good answerrr!!!!!