Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave[_52_] Dave[_52_] is offline

Default The creek is drowning you guys--Bill's project update

On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 22:12:20 -0500, Swingman wrote:
of years I had a Delta Mortiser more or less permanently attached to the
other end and never had a problem with it ... is your vise that heavy?

According to amazon.co.uk, it's 18.6 kilos, so that's just over 40lbs,
but mine doesn't have an integrated bench dog and their's does, so
it's not exactly the same. It's all I can do to lift this beast off
the ground and place it on the bench. I'm reasonably sure it's more
than twice as heavy as my Senco PC1010 20lb compressor. Think it's the
biggest vise that Record built.

It really is massive which was one of the reasons why I could see it
almost fifty yards away as I was driving by. Bought it at a deceased
owner's yard sale. Only decent tool that was there. No questions
asked, I paid the asked for $75 on the spot for it. This was before
the wheelchair, some thirtyfive years ago. Don't quite remember, but I
think I ran full speed back to the car with it and left pretty fast.