Posted to rec.woodworking

Default The creek is drowning you guys--Bill's project update

On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 22:18:44 -0500, Swingman wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 20:43:57 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 6/20/2012 7:56 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

How about a 3/4" plywood shelf on top of the stretchers. That would add a lot
of rigidity in side impacts and some heavy stuff stored there would help
stability.

Yep, you're right ... and that's the first thing I added to a similar
one about ten years ago:

http://www.e-woodshop.net/images/Bench.jpg

I'm still working off the old (1974?) Home Depot $25 Special made from
1-1/4" termite barf, 4x4 SPF, and pristine 1x4 pineywood.

My bench gets so cluttered that I find myself working on the 3/4" plywood
out feed table most of the time ... unsturdy folding legs and all.

I've only seen and used the vise on my bench in the past ten years.
g You know how it is: each and every horizontal surface is filled
within a minute of being cleared.

--
It is easier to fool people than it is to
convince people that they have been fooled.