Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default UnBattery Powered Impact Wrench?

Take a side trip to Home Depot or Lowe's and look at the
labels for air tools it takes a lot of volume!

A scuba tank doesn't have the volume you need unless it is
very high pressure - and that isn't worth it.

It would be overkill for air nail guns - low volume lowish pressure.

Martin

On 6/20/2012 9:30 PM, David Lesher wrote:
I've wondered about a SCUBA tank, a regulator, and the usual
impact tools. But I've only wondered...not done any math so far.

a) What's it cost to refill such a tank?

b) What kind of potential energy does such a tank have? {i.e. volume,
pressure?}

c) Leading to: how long can you bang away on a bolt with a 0.5"
impact wrench? Run a air saw?